Monday, April 13, 2009

Galapagoing!


I'm going to the Galapagos May 30-June 15th! I'm going to spay and neuter dogs and cats. Well, I won't be doing the actual spaying and neutering! I'm going with a group called Animal Balance. Their mission is to humanely sterilize dogs and cats so they don't continue to breed more homeless and hungry animals who then gobble up the native birds and lizards. They help the dogs, cats and native wildlife.

It's really interesting because I usually think of the pet overpopulation problem here in the U.S. as a humongous and non-conquerable issue, their are just SO many animals but on the Galapagos Islands, because they are islands, its really more of a solvable problem.

If you would like to read more about it, please go to their website. I'll be sure to post some updates and pictures when I'm there!

xo, danielle
p.s. We are staying mostly on San Cristobel.


2 comments:

  1. you are going to love it there!!! its the only place ive been where i cried before i left. so amazing. super good thing you are doing.

    ReplyDelete