Thursday, October 28, 2010

Werner Herzog





If anyone has insight about what all this might mean, I would be grateful for some other people's veiws on what you think he might be saying by all these things. Seems to me he is showing the battle we are fighting with nature and that we are losing. And how people both hate and love nature at the same time. If you love it too much, it will kill you and if you disrespect it, it "hits back." His views of the jungle just seem to reflect that great fear many people have of the natural world and only understanding the human order of things and not seeing nature's complex order and designs.  I don't know, I feel like I could ramble for 20 pages about his depictions and views of nature and maybe some have changed over time. Whatever it means, it really makes me think about our complicated relationship with the natural world.

No comments:

Post a Comment